What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings that the Webite sends to the User’s device (e.g., computer, smartphone, tablet), where they are stored and then transmitted back to the Website, the next time the User’s visit such Website. Cookies are useful because they allow the Website to recognize the User’s device and allow the User to browse on the pages of the Website, by remembering the preferences expressed and improving the User’s browsing experience.
Cookies can be distinguished according to the following criteria:
- Based on the entity managing the cookies:
- proprietary or first-party cookies: cookies installed directly by the Company through the Website;
- third-party cookies: cookies that may be installed through the Website by third parties, other than the Company;
- Based on the length of time they remain active:
- session cookies: these cookies store the necessary information during the browsing session and are deleted immediately after the session expires, i.e. when the browser is closed;
- persistent cookies: these cookies are stored on the User’s hard drive and the Website reads them each time the User visits it. A persistent cookie has a fixed expiry date, after which it will stop working.
- Depending on the purpose: these cookies are necessary to enable Users to use the functionalities of the Site (so-called technical cookies). Other cookies may be used to obtain statistical information, aggregated or not, on the number of Users accessing the Website and on how the Website is used (so-called analytical cookies). Lastly, other cookies may be used to trace the profile of Users, so that they may be shown advertisements on the Website consistent with Users’ interests, tastes and consumption habits (so-called profiling cookies).
Only technical cookies are installed on this Website, as better reported at the following paragraph “Cookies on the Website”.
Cookies can be stored on Users’ devices only if they are essential for the operation of the Website, otherwise the prior consent of the Users will be required.
For further information on cookies, the User can click here.
Users may decide to make the installation of any type of cookie subject to their prior consent or to prevent cookies from being installed, by modifying the settings of their browser. Please note that the configuration of each browser is different and is described in the “Help” menu of each browser. In order to understand how to change cookies settings, Users can consult the following links:
Users can also visit the website www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to prevent the installation of cookies on a wide range of desktop browsers.
Cookies installed on the Website
The Site uses technical cookies strictly necessary to the functionality of the Site.